1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Favorite technique?

Discussion in 'Marketing Techniques and Strategies' started by Rhani, Jul 4, 2014.

1. Rhani

Rhani New Member

Do you have a favorite 'go to' strategy that you use when marketing your site(s)? A certain method that you know right out of the box you will be using to get your website out there and noticed?

2. Shole

Shole New Member

Posting a lot about my site, having it in my signatures on forums and helping people and than somehow telling them about my site ;3 .
    That was always my starting strategy and it worked pretty good I may add, but to reach further you need a better strategy than mine

3. Asterisk

Asterisk New Member

My favorite technique is regular posting on the blogs and continuous social media appearance. I'd say 80% of the marketing effort goes into promotion and only 20% goes to creating content. You may even hire someone to create the content for you, but it is of utmost importance that you find your target market and schmooze with them online to keep you in the niche circles. Marketing is a tedious and often a monotonous process that cannot be neglected.

4. cleopatra

cleopatra Member

Posting a lot on promotion forums. Facebook/Twitter definitely helps. Being affiliates with other forums will bring traffic to yours.

5. Scorp

Scorp Member

Yes I do. I don't do this for all the blogs I create, but only for serious websites.

After I create a website, usually before doing a lot of Search Engine optimization or content on it, I go and I setup the following:

Facebook Page
    Twitter Account
    Google+ Page
    Pinterest Account
    Youtube Channel

Also, this is just good semantics, I submit my site and the site's sitemap to Google and Bing Webmaster tools.

Then I will setup my site's new posts to be autoposted on my Facebook and Twitter pages I created for it. If I'm using Wordpress.org then I use a plugin for this, and for sites like blogger I use something like Twitterfeed. For Google+ it's a bit harder to find sites to set this up with for blogger, but Hootsuite will do the trick.

Then I setup my site's On-Site SEO, and post some content.

I make sure that every post has at least one decent image in it, which I then share on my Pinterest account I created earlier.

Then I add those accounts on social traffic exchange sites to artificially raise their follower/like counts. Yeah, it's mostly fake accounts, but no matter, they make the page/s look authoritative.

Yeah, those are some of the things I do...

p.s when creating the facebook and twitter pages, don't just create them and leave them. Put a profile/cover photo, fill in the about me sections, do Everything correct!

6. ducklord

ducklord Member

@Scorp When you say "you set up a YouTube channel", do you also create content in video form for this channel, or are you "recycling" content from elsewhere (like trailers and stuff)? I mean, adding video production to a web project is a lot more work, isn't it?

Scorp likes this.
  7. Scorp

Scorp Member

To be honest, I'm not big on spending money, and I'm not big on videos.

That being said, there are things one can do, like Public Domain videos. Those are free game.

I will say that I don't tend to create content for my channels, yet. However, I do create the channel, put the profile/cover photo, link my website/project to it, the Facebook account, Twitter account, Google+, Pinterest, etc.

But as far as videos, I would use - depending on the project/nature of the channel - one of these techniques:

Public Domain Videos
    Showing screen and talking - or getting a program that can "say" the words you want it to
    Showing a text notepad and writing things in it

And, if I must, I'd go to Fiverr and pay someone to make me a video, but that's a last resort, really. Maybe if I have a really important project and I need a quality video for it I might go to Fiverr, but that hasn't happened yet.

And you're absolutely right, it is a lot of work, and I'm already Way too busy. So that's actually the reason my Youtube channels are pretty much dead, even though they all have 500+ subscribers each haha ;)

8. ducklord

ducklord Member

@Scorp !!500!!Subscribers!!Each!?! And that doesn't bring in any money to make it worth for you to keep investing in them? Daaamn! I mean, how many visitors / subscribers must a channel have on YouTube to bring in some cash to... er... redeem itself and your work setting it up?!?

Gee, I wrote that like a teenage girl. That's how I felt when I saw your number, though. I don't even know how many my site has - it's somewhere between one and two-digit numbers. One... Two... Three... or something...

9. Scorp

Scorp Member

Hahaha actually it's 500-1000 each of them...

However, those subscribers come strictly from social exchange sites, so it's not like those are real people that care about my content. I mean, those YT accounts have no videos on them, so there's no content for anyone to like on there.

Now, I'm sure that some of those people aren't fakes/bots, but for the most part I just have them for authority, not for using them for getting traffic or anything like that. And one day when I do post videos on some of those YT channels, and real people land on my videos, they'll see I have, say, 800 subscribers, so they'll take me more seriously than if I had 8 subscribers. I'm just playing on that human psychology, nothing more... ;)

And to be honest, I'm not very sure how much subscribers there matter. I mean, I've subscribed to many Youtube channels with my channels, and I never see any of their videos due to being subscribed to them...

10. ducklord

ducklord Member

@Scorp Yeah, well, I asked not only 'cause it sounds high-enough to a worthless worm like me (oh, master, teach me, wax-left, wax-right!), but also because I really don't know after how many visits a YouTube channel starts bringing in the pennies. I've heard about people with hundreds of thousands of views making a living out of it but, hey, that's "a whole living". When does "beer money" start?

11. Scorp

Scorp Member

hahaha ohh stop it... :p

Honestly, I have no idea. I assume you're talking about Adsense ads on videos, and I haven't done that, yet, so I can't say.

But there are ways, putting links in the description or annotations on the video, affiliate marketing type things, or leading people to your site that has ads on it, or affiliate reviews/products.

Or I got a friend that has a lot of videos ranking for some keywords, and he gets 100s and 1000s even of referrals on those sites, which give him tons of points on those sites, and some money too.

Then, using those points he resells Youtube subscribers and such things, and he banks ;)

And actually he's just creating a website for that now, and I'm really keeping a close eye on his progress, because I could do that too, easily. However, it would take a lot of work on my part, and I'm not just there yet, but I am close hehe :)

Draft saved Draft deleted