1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did you get a refund when you bought a wrong domain?

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by strawberrybob, Jan 21, 2015.

1. strawberrybob

strawberrybob Member

Guys,

Several days ago I bought a wrong domain from name.com, I just searched for my preferred domain and saw it's available and I took it to my cart and paid instantly without giving a second look (I was desperate to have that domain). Then I realize I bought wrong domain in a hurry :(

I tried to contact "Chat" support team of name.com and checked FAQ section but unfortunately I didn't get any instant help (it was Saturday). So I searched in Google and found this helpful post: I Bought Wrong Domain, Can I Get A Refund?

I followed strategy mentioned in the post and got my refund (of course Name.com took that domain and made available to public). Thought I should share here. Hopefully it will help others just like me!

2. woody

woody Administrator Staff Member

impressive! Is that a Name.com policy or does it apply to other companies too?

Also curious, now is Domain.com as a registrar? I have been a GoDaddy user for a long time and have overall liked their interface, but have recently been working with NameCheap on some smaller projects.

strawberrybob likes this.
  3. strawberrybob

strawberrybob Member

It's not like their open policy. But yes it's hidden policy provided by name.com ;) I think it's hidden because people can buy domain(s) and then ask them to refund, saying they accidentally bought wrong domain(s)!

I am only using their service so don't know if other companies providing same feature :(.

Draft saved Draft deleted